As many of you know, the 14th Bienal de Cuenca is now in full bloom. The city is sprinkled with an assortment of artwork from an international roster of artists, yet there are even more artistic surprises beyond the bienal. Among them is an exhibit by a Quito artist, also of international renown, showing this week. Fishbon del Sur is presenting the recent work of Artist in Residence Howard Taikeff. The exhibit is titled, “The Monument Nobody Asked For: The Counter Monument and the Anti Heroic.” This monumental effort can best be described by the artist himself. “The debate surrounding…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?