Parish Memories is a collection of “Memoriasparroquialesrurales” translated into English. The American writer Tom Larsen, based in Cuenca, was responsible for putting these stories into English. The English version of this book was presented on Wednesday and Thursday at the Central School (BenignoMalo and Gran Colombia) This book is born of the interest of Tom Larsen to share with the foreign community, the legends contained in the collection “Memoriasparroquialesrurales”. The original work brings together 22 stories written by the young Cuencan narrator, Agustín Molina, who in 2017 was part of the work team established to give shape to this project,…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?