The city of Cuenca, the University of Cuenca and BYD Motors of China, is test driving an electric bus. The bus will be making free tours through Cuenca’s historic district until March 2. The bus routes will include Av. Unidad Nacional, Remigio Crespo, Av. Solano, Av. 10 de Agosto, Av. El Paraíso, Av. 12 de Abril, and Av. Tres de Noviembre. The second route through Calle Mariscal Sucre, Simón Bolívar, and Av. Tres de Noviembre is also planned. The bus will operate from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.. The test bus is 12 meters long, has a full capacity of…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology