After holding the chairmanship of the United Nations’ largest negotiation group in 2017, Ecuador has proclaimed Egypt as the new chairman of the G77 + China multilateral group. Minister of Foreign Affairs Maria Fernanda Espinoza, attended the handover ceremony in the United Nations headquarters in New York City on January 12. At the event, Espinoza recounted Ecuador’s achievements as leader of the G77 + China and passed the chairmanship to the African country. ‘‘We wish all the best to Egypt as president of the group and Ecuador assures its willingness to cooperate with them in order to propel the group’s…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?