The visit of Juan Guaidó to Ecuador reflected two scenarios: the ‘turn’ of the country in its foreign policy and the need to be part of organizations such as the Lima Group, in order to deepen support for Venezuela towards a transition for free elections . In these points coincide some of the figures of civil society and politics that participated in Salinas in a private meeting on Saturday night March 2, 2019 with the Venezuelan interim president and President Lenin Moreno. In this meeting, leaders from the bench participated, such as Henry Cucalón (PSC), Homero Castanier (Creo) and Lenín…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology