As of this past week, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Human Mobility began to deliver electronic visas to foreign citizens who decide to stay in Ecuador temporarily or permanently, in accordance with the provisions of the current law. The electronic visa is a permanency permit, through an electronic registry, which accredits and validates the migratory status of the foreign person in Ecuador. “Ecuador is the only country in Latin America that delivers electronic visas in all categories, except diplomatic ones,” said Carlos Alberto Velastegui, undersecretary of Migratory and Consular Services of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Human Mobility.…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?