I have been enchanted with Cuenca since the day I arrived. I’ve also been writing about Cuenca since my earliest days. These articles, originally printed in CuencaHighLife, are the story of my first year. I bought a painting the other day. I did not know I was in the market for another one so soon, but I was. And I am all the better for it. I had recently purchased a piece from a new, thoughtful, and well-conceived gallery, CVA, steered by Janda Grove and Garry Kaulitz, but I was now tapped out. I was no longer thinking about art; I…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?