Do you love fast food? Maybe you think that just “once in a while” indulgence in animal-fatty, salty and processed foods such as a big beef burger on a white-bread bun with deep-fried fries is your deserved payment for eating healthfully most of the time? When I was growing up in the ‘50s and ‘60s, my grandma used to say, “Everything in moderation.” This was before Big Macs, buckets of KFC, and before the internet. Today, the average U.S. American male eats about 3,770 calories, but needs only 2,500 to maintain his weight, and three out of four Americans are…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story