A recent article published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology makes the case for non-fasting lipid profiles, meaning if you’re testing cholesterol (total, LDL, HDL, triglycerides, etc.), it’s not necessary to go without food for hours beforehand. Included in the article is an illustration that compares fasting and non-fasting lipid profiles. Evidence-driven recommendations cite prospective evidence on more than 300,000 persons, and note that these recommendations are practical, safe, cost saving, same visit, time efficient, and patient-friendly, laboratory-friendly, and physician friendly. The JACC notes, “… Several societies’ guidelines and statements in Denmark, the United Kingdom, Europe, Canada,…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’