Everyone doesn’t need the same amount of calories, so why would everyone need to consume the identical amount of water? How much water is enough depends on you, and your environment. All our biochemical reactions are dependent on water. Water is the key ingredient that keeps our bodies regular — water is necessary to form and remove waste through urination and bowel movements, through sweat and even our breath. Water is necessary to maintain blood volume, which in turn delivers oxygen and nutrients throughout the body. Water is a lubricant for cells and joints, and it acts as a shock…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?