Representatives from 25 farmer organizations that are part of the Austro Agroecological Network, presented a project for the creation of more spaces to sell agroecological products in Azuay, Cañar, and Morona Santiago. The project called “Ordinance for the Strengthening of and Boost of Fair and Solidary Trade in the Cuenca Canton” has the support of the public company EDEC EP, and of the Municipal Directorate of Social and Economic Development. In Cuenca, there currently only two spaces designated for organic products; one is at El Vergel and the other is at Capulispamba. The project proposal was given to Councilmen Ivan…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?