For the second year in a row, the city of Cuenca has been nominated for, “Best Destination for Short Vacations in South America, World Travel Awards 2018.” Quito and Guayaquil are also nominated in the same category. The city of Cuenca won first prize in 2017 in a ceremony in Cancún, Mexico, where Marcelo Cabrera, Mayor of Cuenca, accompanied Tania Sarmiento, Executive Director of the Municipal Foundation, to accept the award. This year, the awards ceremony of the World Travel Awards will be in Guayaquil on September 15. You can vote for your favorite travel destination at their official website:…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Los Perniles
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community