The new Laboratory of Forensic Chemistry and Toxicology was inaugurated on Friday, March 1, at the Forensic Science Research Center (Quinta Balzay and Eloy Abbot). During the inauguration, high-tech equipment was shown and a tour of the facilities was given to the attendees. “This laboratory will facilitate the treatment of the bodies of people who have been victims of violent deaths or traffic accidents,” says César Gárate, general director of the National Legal Medicine and Forensic Sciences Service. “In this laboratory biological, chemical and toxicological analysis can be practiced once the body is lifted and the physical identification is made,”…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology