Our body is subject to the laws of time. They begin to change from the moment of birth, and continue to evolve until the moment we pass away. Of course, some of these changes are microscopic and not perceptible. It is only after the change becomes significant when we recognize the effects. One of the effects of aging is diminishing or loosening of our four physical conditions. They are, strength, flexibility, resistance (endurance) and balance. An additional challenge associated with age is the changing shape of our brain cells. Tai Chi, an internal martial art, is a highly recommended technique…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology