Cuenca is famous for its plentiful and varied cafés. They’re all around the historic El Centro (Downtown), but you can also find great locales around the city. The coffee aroma, the smell of sweets and the great dishes will have you wanting for more. Cuenca generally has a very pleasant cool weather, which calls for a nice coffee or hot cocoa to enjoy. You can find Cafés of many price ranges, with different food options, both local and international. You have Café Cinema, for example. It’s been in business for 20 years and its ‘movie theater’ theme, with big framed…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?