The Fundacion Turismo [Tourism Foundation] in Cuenca has prepared a tour to take visitors to see the 54 temples of the city, religious museums, nunneries, viewing the Via Crucis on the Holy Friday, and other events during Holy Week festivities. The foundation has the coordinated support of the Hotel Association of Azuay and the Archdioceses of Cuenca. They presented a schedule for the activities to be carried out starting from Friday, March 30 to Easter Sunday. “The activities were promoted previously in the cities of Machala and Guayaquil, two of the main markets for national tourists for this city,” stated…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?