This Wednesday, March 6, 2018, the Cuenca Chamber of Transportation (CTC), on its Twitter account, spoke about the offers made by the candidates for the Mayoralty of Cuenca with the issue of electric buses. Given the number of offers to insert electric buses into the public transport system in Cuenca, by some candidates of different dignities in recent weeks, the CTC made known its point of view on this issue. The statement indicated that an electric bus has an average cost of $ 400,000 and that in addition to its operation it is necessary to install electricity recharging points that…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology