The followers of former president Rafael Correa have decided on a name for their new political party: Revolucion Alfarista. Their first choice was Revolucion Ciudadana, but the name was already registered by Alianza Pais, the party they broke away from that is currently controlled by supporters of President Lenin Moreno. The new name was chosen during the organization’s first national meeting, February 23 in Duran. In choosing the name Revolucion Alfarista, the Correistas say they are a revolutionist left-wing organization that will continue to fight for former vice president Jorge Glas’s liberty who was ‘‘illegally and unfairly imprisoned,’’ as well…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?