The Citizen Security Council of Cuenca has initiated the “Enjoy Your Park with Safety” campaign to promote crime -free cityparks. “With this initiative, we’re looking to reduce insecurity in the neighbourhood parks of the city,” says Romulo Montalvo, head of the Council. “This will be a communications campaign to improve citizen participation in this effort of eliminating crime in parks in the Cuenca Canton,” he continued. The campaign will place ads in various media and distribute leaflets in parks throughout Cuenca. It will also sponsor a variety of neighborhood events. As part of the park safety campaign, cameras are being…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community