Jorge Peñafiel is a 27-year-old Cuencano, with 12 years of experience cycling. He is also the founder and general manager of Ciclo Rutas Ecuador, a bicycle store located on Av. Remigio Crespo. In 2014, Peñafiel started importing Strider impulse bicycles for children under two years old who couldn’t ride a bike with pedals. “We created the market. Nobody knew how to ride these bikes so I started teaching children and that’s how Ciclo Rutas riding school was born,” said Peñafiel. When asked of his passion for teaching children, he said, “Nobody taught me, so I had to learn, the hard…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’