A new management plan for the Cajas National Park that includes land for a recreational area and new city fire station has been presented to the Municipality of Cuenca. Cuenca Mayor Marcelo Cabrera received the 2018 to 2028 plan January 4 when he met with Ecuador Minister of Environment, Tarsicio Granizo. Highlights of the plan are the establishment of the Quimsacocha recreational area and a guarantee of land transfer allowing the construction of a new fire station at Illincocha. The management plans also include diagnostic studies in the areas of the biophysical, environmental, socio-economic, and administration. These fields support…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Los Perniles
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo