Is saturated fat good for you? Or, as usual, is the media picking up on one crumb of a fact and promoting inaccuracy and confusion? As reported last year in the New York Times, a study published in the Annals of Internal Medicine suggested that saturated fats have been wrongly demonized as the cause of heart disease. This article doesn’t tell the whole story, however. All fats are not equal, something we’ve known that for years. So, let’s take this news with a grain of salt and dig a little deeper. Researchers pooled “meta-analysis” of 72 existing studies that reviewed…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology