While most drivers of Cuenca’s municipal buses praise the new pre-loaded card payment system for saving time, some passengers say the new cashless system is, in fact, too fast. They complain that they don’t have time to get to their seat before buses leave the curb. Payment with old coin payment system took longer, they say, giving most passengers time to find a seat. “Before, when people paid with money, it took more time for people to put coins into the machine,” said one passenger. “Sometimes, people needed to get change from other passengers and this took more time. Now…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community
- World class dining in Cuenca
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo
- News That’s Fit to Print
- Putting down roots in Cuenca