In the wake of two deadly accidents, national traffic enforcement authorities have announced new safety measures, beginning with a comprehensive evaluation of all public transit bus drivers. So far in 2018, 24 passengers had been killed in bus accidents in Ecuador. March saw at two deadly bus accidents. On March 17, two passenger buses belonging to Ecuadorian bus companies collided, leaving 11 dead and many others other injured. The accident occurred in Jujan canton in Guayas Province. On March 27, a second life-claiming accident took place on a rural road of Manabi, this time ending the lives of 13 passengers…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Los Perniles
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community