Every Friday from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM a new ‘’ Basin Book Club for Foreigners ‘’ happens in the Municipal Library ‘’Antonio Lloret Bastidas ,’’ located on Gran Colombia and Benigno Malo. Ecuadorain history, culture and local literature are some of the topics discussed. Along the way, particpants learn a side of the Spanish language they might not have stuided in their classes. “Reading is the best channel to overcome the walls that prevent cultures from getting to know each other and live together in a permanent feedback exercise”, said Juan Neira, the person responsible for the launch of…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology