By 2030 Cuenca will have 740,000 inhabitants according to the projections of the National Institute of Statistics and Census, INEC. According to urban planning expert Augusto Pintos, this will cause the need, for housing, equipment and space for industry. However, excessive growth can affect the provision of food and environmental care. To avoid this, the city has drawn up a Land Use and Management Plan. Azuay was ranked as the third province with more accidents in 2018, According to a report by the National Transit Agency (ANT), Azuay province continues to increase its accident statitstics each year. In 2018, ANT…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo