After an exhaustive two-year search, Cuenca’s expat theater finally has a place it can call home. “We walked almost every street in Cuenca looking for the right place and we’re thrilled that we finally found it,” says Deana Culp, Azuay Community Theater (ACT) board of directors president. The theater, immediately to the west of the Oro Verde Hotel on Av. Ordoñez Lasso, was built as a performance venue. “It’s really more than we could have hoped for,” says Culp, “and the landlord is making upgrades, including adding new lighting, to make it even better.” ACT will celebrate the theater’s grand…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?