Buying a property in Ecuador, if you are in love or smitten with one, can be a WONDERFUL idea, so long as you are aware of the possible pitfalls that might dare to rear their ugly heads. This is because unlike in countries such as the US, Canada, Europe and Australia, title insurance is not a common protection mechanism in Ecuador. Any prudent person’s “numero uno” concern is to ensure absolute protection in making such a large item purchase; almost certainly the biggest investment that an Expatriate can or will ever make in Ecuador. A second thing…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo