What’s the one thing Martha Stewart missed the most when she was in prison? Meyer lemons. Yea, right. Jackie and I gave each other extremely exaggerated eye rolls when we heard that on the news a few years ago. Then when we actually tasted those lemons, we took it all back. Jackie loaded up once a year at Costco when they were in season. We’re pretty sure that here in Ecuador, Meyer lemons would appear only in Jackie’s wet dreams. As a matter of fact, lemons are pretty rare here. Instead of lemons, we see limes. Many, many limes. Tons…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- CRIME REPORT
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden