Maintenance work by the city is underway at the Municipal Planetarium located at Parque de la Madre. The work includes waterproofing, repainting, and repairing leaks in the glass ceiling. Outdoor maintenance is regularly scheduled every three years. However, several additional improvements are planned, as well. “To improve security, 5 cameras will be installed. Also, the lighting system will be renovated, and a new entry door will be installed”, said Juan Diego Cardenas, planetarium director. This planetarium is open every day, showing educational videos on a 360 screen and on a conventional screen. Films subjects include telescopes, the solar system, and…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?