Maintenance work by the city is underway at the Municipal Planetarium located at Parque de la Madre. The work includes waterproofing, repainting, and repairing leaks in the glass ceiling. Outdoor maintenance is regularly scheduled every three years. However, several additional improvements are planned, as well. “To improve security, 5 cameras will be installed. Also, the lighting system will be renovated, and a new entry door will be installed”, said Juan Diego Cardenas, planetarium director. This planetarium is open every day, showing educational videos on a 360 screen and on a conventional screen. Films subjects include telescopes, the solar system, and…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Los Perniles
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo