Promoting a love for animals with Cuencano children is the objective of a new collaboration of the ARCA Foundation, Rescate Animal Collective, FAAN and Familia Amor Animal. The goal is to counter the violence against house pets, as well as issues regarding abandonment, poor healthcare and underfeeding, The campaign, with the support of the city councilman Carlos Orellana, councilwoman Gabriela Brito, and many educational institute directors, was launched in the Octavio Cordero Education Unit as a result of a student workshop on pet care, and owner obligations. “Animal institutions employees and children will promote the campaign through social networks to…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology