The Chobshi-Shabalula archeological complex is a historic area with remnants of a very old town. From there, many ancient artifacts have been recovered, and you can see some of those in the Universidad de Cuenca museum. Sadly, this historic place has been left to nature’s mercy. The complex is now covered in wilderness as well as trash and debris. In four occasions the previous Mayor, Marcelino Granda, performed cleaning and clearing operations, but it apparently wasn’t enough. Located about 4.35 miles from the Sigsig city hall, and about 35 miles from Cuenca, this archeological complex is said to be 10,000…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?