The Azuay “canine and feline vaccination” campaign, organized by the Public Health Ministry, has vaccinated over 94,000 pets between June 1 and June 30. The doses were given, with the permission of the owners free of charge to each pet older than two months. Owners were given a vaccination certificate. “The goal of this campaign is to strengthen the prevention and control rabies,” said the MSP Zonal 6 Coordinador, Oswaldo Suares. The coordinator also explained that rabies has eradicated from Ecuador and there haven’t been any outbreaks for years. Rabies Symptoms: Phobia to light and water Intense drooling Aggression Confusion…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’