Cuenca’s Old Cathedral (Santa Ana de los Ríos de Cuenca) was the scene Tuesday night, May 15, of the inaugural Governor’s Expat Humanitarian Award event. Susan Bride receiving the Expat Humanitarian Award from Azuay Governor Xavier Enderica Salgado Tuesday night. The Governor’s Award is designed to recognize the work of expat volunteers in Cuenca and Azuay Province and for the Governor to express his gratitude. Over 200 expats from 13 countries were nominated for their contributions to the province. Each of the nominees are making meaningful contributions to their adopted country, the governor said. Governor Xavier Enderica Salgado presented the…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?