On May 29, I’ll be the featured presenter at the Boot Camp for Newcomers, where I’ll be talking about staying healthy at 8,300 feet — or 2,529.84 meters! This informative event will be held at the Golden Prague Pub, a fun restaurant across from the Supermaxi El Vergel, where they serve their own craft beers. Which got me to thinking about beer bellies. Makes sense, no? My father was a single-malt scotch aficionado. And liked rum and coke. And vodka and tonic. But not beer. And he sure had a beer belly. But it wasn’t from beer. According to WebMD.com,…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’