A five-car unit of Cuenca’s Tranvia de los Cuatro Rios rolled through the historic district to Av. Huayna Capac on July 27. It was the first time the tram had made the circuit through the district. City tram project director Jaime Guzmán said that the test proved that the tram project is on schedule. The test used both west- and east-bound routes, on Calles Gran Colombia and Mariscal Lamar, traveling at about 10 kilometers per hour. “We set the date for this run more than six months ago and it is a significant milestone that we completed it today,” Guzmán…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community