The Council of the judiciary has announced that starting on January 15, along with the increase in the basic salary, the values of the Single System of Alimentación Pensions (SUPA) will be increased as well. SUPA alimentation (food) payments are similar to child support payments made in North America (with the exception that they are specifically for food support). According to a report by the Council, from January 1 to November 30, 2018, 4,391 SUPA cards were generated in Azuay, of which 3,333 are registered in Cuenca. The cards in SUPA are ordered by the family judges of violence against…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community