A demographic study of global migration patterns by the University of Barcelona predicts that Cuenca and Quito will continue to rank one and two as the most popular Ecuadorian residency destinations for foreigners over the next 25 years. The report, released in February, says that smaller communities expected to attract foreign residents in Ecuador are Vilcabamba, Ibarra, Cotacachi, Salinas, and Tonsupa. In a previous report, the university predicted that Manta would be the third most popular destination but said the 2016 coastal earthquake had made the city less attractive to some prospective expats. Despite the earthquake, the study said the…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Los Perniles
- CRIME REPORT
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?