Marcelo Cabrera and Jefferson Pérez officially made their annoucnement for the sectional elections for Mayor of Cuenca. In all a total of 13 candidates were qualified by the Provincial Electoral Board (JPE) of Azuay to compete for the Mayoralty of Cuenca in the sectional elections of March 24, 2019. “There is a lot more to do in Cuenca, we have completed the civil work of the tram, we are in the process of starting up the Integrated Transport System,” said Cabrera. Hugo Marcelo Cabrera Palacios is an Ecuadorian politician, engineer, and the current Mayor of the city of Cuenca. He…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?