In a bid to reinforce its lead as a socially responsible corporation, a regional electric utility has rolled out an awareness-raising campaign that has the intent of educating schoolchildren on efficient energy consumption and the importance of environment protection. The company, Empresa Electrica Regional Centro Sur (EERCS, for its acronym in Spanish), launched the campaign at Luis Cordero elementary school in Cuenca on January 8, with the presence of students, teachers, company representatives and government officials. At the event, the students were entertained with a stage play and were given a socio-educational magazine including several articles regarding energy consumption topics…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- The Amazonian tribe defending their land with technology