Recently, a reader asked me to peel back the latest nutrition advice on eggs. In particular, he requested some clarity on conflicting advice for people with diabetes. Let’s get crackin’! Dietary Cholesterol vs. Blood Cholesterol Following years of research and input from scientific studies, health expert’s advice has changed from limiting eggs to liberalizing them. As reported in the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, previous advice was “based on guesswork.” They write, “Given that the artery-clogging plaques that cause heart disease are made mostly from cholesterol, and since eggs contain cholesterol” it was commonly believed that eating eggs…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?