Although the focus of last week’s meeting between Ecuador and Colombia was on controlling illegal drug trafficking near the border and dealing with the flood of immigrants from Venezuela, it also delivered good news to travelers. One of the agreements signed Friday, February 16 guarantees free emergency medical care for residents of Ecuador and Colombia when they visit the other country. “The agreement provides peace of mind to citizens of our two nations that a health emergency while they are traveling will not cause financial distress,” Ecuador President Lenin Moreno said. “Residents of Ecuador with a valid cedula visiting Colombia…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’