Cuenca is well-represented in TripAdvisor’s 2018 Travelers Choice Awards, with a historic district restaurant being picked as one of the best in South America and several hotels included among the best in Ecuador. Tiestos, in the historic district, was named to the list of the region’s top restaurants that was dominated by establishments in Peru, Chile and Argentina. In addition, Cuenca’s Oro Verde, Mansión Alcázar, Kuna, Los Balcones, Victoria, and the Santa Lucia hotels were rated among the best in their categories in Ecuador, which include, large, boutique, and small hotels. With the exception of Kuna, all are located in…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?