uenca will host dozens of city planning experts from all over Latin America, during the “Continental Forum of Medium Cities: Latin America towards the 2030 agenda.” The forum is organized and sponsored by the International Relations department of the city of Cuenca. Kicking off on February 28 and continuing to March 2, experts will debate and analyze themes on gender issues, sustainable development, urban mobility, citizen participation and more. The forum will also offer an opportunity for participants to explore the difficulties faced by medium cities in the region, and the mechanism to overcome them. Paulina Crespo, director of the…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Ancient craft of ikat thrives in Gualaceo