Around 50 students exhibited 20 different science projects—representing schools from all around the Amazonian and Sierra region of Ecuador—at the National School Science Project Fair held in Cuenca on June 26th. There were projects ranging from products for environmental protection, food products without use of chemical pesticides or fertilizers, all the way to robot prototypes, and others. The Ministry of Education invited multiple institutions from Cuenca, so that students were able to attend and see the different projects. Although it was mainly tech projects which gathered most of the attention; particularly a project that managed to automate a car ignition…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?