Centro Sur Regional Electric Company (EERCS) of Cuenca received the Punto Verde (Green Point) award given by the Environmental Ministry to public and private companies that have sustainable procedures. The award ceremony took place in Quito. The winning project was “Implementation of a Photovoltaic Solar System Connected to the Matric Building Electricity Network”. The EM awarded the Pundo Verde to recognize EERUS’s effort for: “Partial or total substitution of the electric energy sources by other renewable sources, optimization in the consumption, use of sunlight and/or reduction in energy waste “With this kind of recognition, the Environmental Ministry hopes to encourage…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- What should you bring to Cuenca?