Cuenca architects, engineers and builders are complaining that their suggestions have not been included in the city’s 2030 urban plan being developed by the municipal council. The College of Architects (CAA), the College of Civil Engineers of Azuay (CICA), and the Chamber of Construction of Cuenca (CCC) are demanding a larger role in the planning process, claiming that they are the professionals who will be responsible for carrying out the plan. Pablo Cordero, President of CAA, said his group presented eight points during the first analysis of the plan but none are included in the current document. He says he…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?