It’s the twentieth anniversary of the Committee of Preservation of the Cuenca Machangara River. This body was created in 1998 by a cooperation agreement among eight public organizations that operate in the region. The eight institutions that make-up this committee are: Ministry of Environment (MAE), The National Secretariat of Water (Senagua), Electro Generadora del Austro (Elecaustro), Universidad de Cuenca, the Azuay Prefecture, ETAPA EP, the Ministry of Agriculture and Cattle Farming (MAG) and the General Board of Users of the Machangara Irrigation System. The Machangara area is located to the north of Cuenca, further away from the industrial park. The…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Cuenca identifies 7 most dangerous places to be a pedestrian in the city
- IESS launches “primary care” concept to patients
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- What should you bring to Cuenca?