Personal care products and cosmetics have the potential to harbor bacteria. Chemicals meant to protect you breakdown over time and are rendered ineffective, or worse, potentially irritating or infectious. Maybe you have some old favorites sitting in your makeup bag, but how old is too old? It’s time for some spring-cleaning. Toss out the old in favor of new, safer products. Moisturizers, Body Lotions, Foundation The way your cream is packagedcan make the difference between safeorrisky. Dispensers that limit air and light are safe — pump dispensers and squeeze tubes —but creams in jars can be risky. Every time you…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Cuenca will have a new Ludic Botanical Garden
- Catholic church opens its doors to the LGBTI community