Six graffiti collectives joined together to create,“La Colecta” (The Gathering), in Paul Cezanne Hall, Alianza Francesa of Cuenca The graffiti mural is the centerpiece of the First Urban Cultures Festival 11 May to 21 May. The collective is comprised of six graffiti crews: Wazy Style, Otem, PXC, DNG, Zona PSF and Zoo Style; each with their own philosophical concepts and techniques. “This art exhibition is a message against violence, by illustrating the terrible damage caused by war and militarism. We are currently focused on the war in Syria, and the recent violence on Ecuador-Colombia border. The brutality inflicted on Ecuador…
Want to read the whole story?
Subscribe to The Cuenca Dispatch and gain full access to this story, weekly issues, plus the entire running archive! With your subscription, you will gain access to all the news you'll need concerning Ecuador as a United States expat.
Get access to our most read articles
- Cuenca expat scene is ‘changing before our eyes’
- Los Perniles
- Immerse yourself in Cuenca’s bountiful markets
- CRIME REPORT
- Ecuadorian named to Time magazine’s 100 most influential people list
- Global warming? Most of the hot air is generated by politicians
- What should you bring to Cuenca?
- The American dream: The experience of an Ecuadorian woman who fell in love with your country.
- Artesana Bakery: a love story
- Searching for origin of the word ‘Gringo’